Motor Load :
Motor Load :
- Electric motor load means the current drawn by an electric motor.
- It depends upon the load on the shaft of the motor.
- For a given electric motor, it can estimated using input power, amperage or speed of the motor.
- Most electric motors are designed to run at 50 % to 100 % of rated load.
- We know there are generally two types of motors, AC motor, and DC motor.
- AC motors are flexible for speed control and demand low power during start.
- On the other hand, DC motors are widely used due to its initial cost of low power units is less compared to AC and can be easily installed.
- An electric motor is a device used to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- Scientifically speaking, the electric motor is a unit used to convert electric power into motive energy or electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- The formula for the calculation is given below.
- Motor Load = Bowl Horsepower + Power Loss due to Shafting + Power Loss through Thrust Bearing .
- Beside the formula this calculator works.
How to Calculate ?
- First, Enter the Bowl Horsepower. Then,
- Second, Enter the Power Loss due to Shafting. Then,
- Third, Enter the Power Loss through Thrust Bearing. Then,
- Click “Calculate” to get the result and then if you want to clear values Click “Reset” in addition to clear the values.
- Finally, follow these steps to get the result.