Roof Pitch Calculator :
- It is the steepness of a roof expressed as a ratio of inch rise per horizontal foot, or as the angle in degrees its surface deviates from the horizontal.
- A flat roof has a pitch of zero in either instance and then all other roof are pitched.
- The angle, or pitch, of a roof is calculated by the number of inches it rises vertically for every 12 inches it extends horizontally.
- For example, a roof that rises 6 inches for every 12 inches of horizontal run has a 6-in-12 pitch.
- Pitched roofs are more stable than flat roofs during periods of heavy rain and offer far more effective drainage.
- The water drains off a pitched roof easily and uniformly, whereas on a flat roof water can build up, creating structural pressure.
- Pitched roof are generally used in factories and workshops, godowns and warehouse, theater and auditoriums and in hilly regions.
- The climatic condition of the site, nature of the covering material, span and other factors are all responsible for the slope of the roof.
- The primary purpose of pitching a roof is to redirect wind and precipitation, whether in the form of rain or snow.
- Thus, pitch is typically greater in areas of high rain or snowfall, lower in areas of high wind.
- The basic function of any roof is to offer protection from the elements for people and their possessions.
- Roofs can also provide insulation, retaining heat in the winter or cool air in the summer.
- Certain roofing materials , especially those of fibrous origin , offer strong insulation.
- The formula for the calculation is given below.
- Result = (Rise / (Run / 12)).
- Then, Slop = ((Rise / Run) * 100).
- Finally, Angle = Tan inverse ( a / b).
- Beside the formula this calculator works.
How to Calculate ?
- First, Enter the Rise. Then,
- Second, Enter the Run.
- Click “Calculate” to get the result and then if you want to clear values Click “Reset” in addition to clear the values.
- Finally, follow these steps to get the result.