Volts to Amps Calculator :
- The volt is the derived unit for electric potential, electric potential difference, and electromotive force.It is named after the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta.
- The ampere, often shortened to amp, is the SI base unit of electric current.One ampere is equal to 6.241509074×10¹⁸ electrons worth of charge moving past a point in a second.
Volts to Amps :
- It is used to convert the electrical voltage in volts (V) to the current in amps (A).Before you enter the values, you need to select the type of calculation.It can either be the volts to amps with watts or volt to amps with ohms.The reason why you need the watts or ohms values to find the result in amps is that of the difference in the quantities of the units.If you select this option as your type of calculation, you need to enter the correct values of the volts and ohms in their required fields.Click on the ‘Calculate’ button to give you the results in amps.
- Formula,I (A) = V (V) / R (Ω).
- Which means that the current in amps is calculated by dividing the voltage in volts by the resistance in ohms.
- It can also be expressed as,amp = volt/ohms.