PVC Pipe Weight :
- Plastic pipe is a tubular section, or hollow cylinder, made of plastic.
- It is usually, but not necessarily, of circular cross-section, used mainly to convey substances which can flow—liquids and gases, slurries, powders and masses of small solids.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a familiar and versatile thermoplastic especially known as a piping and fitting material used for residential and commercial plumbing applications.
- Then, In the same thermoplastic family to PVC is chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC).
- So, Due to the nature of PVC plastic, PVC extruders are subject to high amounts of friction and stress.
- This means that to guarantee a long service life, PVC pipe production lines require the use of specialized extruders that utilize a twin screw extruder configuration, as well as featuring robust construction materials that can withstand the harsh PVC extruder operating conditions.
- PVC is mainly used for electrical and sanitary fittings.
- Then, PVC pipes are commonly used for manufacturing sewage pipes, water mains and irrigation.
- Possessing very long-lasting properties, PVC pipes are easy to install, lightweight, strong, durable and easily recyclable, making them cost-efficient and sustainable.
- PVC Pipe is a product of modern technology that offers reliable and durable service to a variety of users including contractors, engineers, operators, industries, utilities, and irrigation districts.
- A number of performance advantages means PVC Pipes now replace many traditional materials.
- The formula for the calculation of PVC pipe weight is given below.
- PVC Pipe Weight = (outside diameter – wall thickness) * wall thickness * 2.3.
- Beside the formula this calculator works
How to Calculate ?
- First, Enter the Outside Diameter. Then,
- Second, Enter the Wall Thickness. Then,
- Click “Calculate” to get the result and then if you want to clear values Click “Reset” in addition to clear the values.
- Finally, follow these steps to get the result.